Solicitors Advocates & Chartered Tax Advisers, London
UK and International Law
We are a City of London law firm with an experienced team of UK and international property and tax lawyers.
Our London property solicitors can advise on a wide range of domestic and international issues including latest legal developments, cross-border property transactions and potential pit-falls in overseas property markets. Obtaining expert legal advice from Sykes Anderson is the best way to manage many of the risks in complex property transactions or overseas property investments.
Our London chartered tax advisers provide specialist advice on UK and international tax issues, including double taxation treaties, the use of off-shore vehicles and minimising inheritance tax. Along with our property lawyers, litigation lawyers and commercial law experts we are able to provide a comprehensive service to our client base of entrepreneurs, wealthy individuals and professionals.
Our website contains plenty of detailed articles on tax and other areas of law. We make this information freely available to demonstrate our level of competence and expertise, and to help build a relationship with you, our clients. If you cannot find an article on a topic that has not been covered elsewhere click here and let us know. If we think it would be helpful to our clients or prospective clients, we will consider writing one.
- Non-residents to pay UK Capital Gains Tax on sale of UK residential property – Announcement 5th December 2013
- France’s new law to tackle tax fraud
- Possible new Capital Gains Tax on non-residents who own UK property
- Non-French residents’ liability to French 15.5% social charges on French real estate income and gains of non-French residents
- Love nor Money - prenuptial agreements in England and Wales
- Contentious Probate - Contesting an English Will
- Are you ready for auto-enrolment?
- Trustees must act quickly to address French blacklisting
- Use of Trusts by Russian residents
- Tactics For Buying a Business
- Selling your business - Q&A
- Key changes to Inheritance Tax 2013
- Tax-Free Remittances for “Non-Doms”
- Annual property tax declaration for companies owning UK residential property
- Premier Conveyancing Service for high value and complex transactions. (new service)
- Reforms in September 2013 to French Capital Gains Tax
- The right to manage allows flat-owners to take over management of their building subject to certain criteria. (From 'Property in Practice' June 2013, the magazine of the Law Society’s Property Section www.lawsociety.org.uk/property).
- Proposed new inheritance tax treaty between France and Switzerland (html 19KB)
- Q & A on French expat tax position - (see VIDEO)
- Q & A on French property prices - (see VIDEO)
- Q & A on the “de-enveloping” of high value residential property and related tax implications - (see VIDEO)
- The Government's new 'Help to Buy' homebuyers assistance schemes
- Budget 2013 - 'Help to Buy' scheme for buying new build properties
- Dilapidations Danger - the Business Tenant's Nightmare!
A commitment to high quality is of prime importance. We invest in our staff and in the latest technology. We are an Investor in People and have achieved Lexcel certification which is the legal profession's equivalent of ISO 9002.