Solicitors Advocates & Chartered Tax Advisers
UK and International Law
INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY & TAX
High Net Worth - Entrepreneurs Service
We offer a specialist service to high net worth individuals
UK PROPERTY & TAX SERVICES
Recent legal developments of practical interest
We are a City of London law firm with an experienced team of UK and international property and tax lawyers.
Our London property solicitors can advise on a wide range of domestic and international issues including latest legal developments, cross-border property transactions and potential pit-falls in overseas property markets. Obtaining expert legal advice from Sykes Anderson is the best way to manage many of the risks in complex property transactions or overseas property investments.
Our London tax solicitors and chartered tax advisers provide specialist advice on UK and international tax issues, including double taxation treaties, the use of off-shore vehicles and minimising inheritance tax. Along with our property lawyers, litigation lawyers and commercial law experts we are able to provide a comprehensive service to our client base of entrepreneurs, wealthy individuals and professionals.
Our website contains plenty of detailed articles on tax and other areas of law. We make this information freely available to demonstrate our level of competence and expertise, and to help build a relationship with you, our clients. If you cannot find an article on a topic that has not been covered elsewhere click here and let us know. If we think it would be helpful to our clients or prospective clients, we will consider writing one.
Specialised Litigation ServiceProfessional Negligence Claims - suing negligent solicitors, barristers and tax advisers.
PublicationsLeasehold Enfranchisement and the Right to Manage, A Practical Guide. 2nd Edition.
- Q & A on French property prices
- Q & A on the “de-enveloping” of high value residential property and related tax implications
- The Government's new 'Help to Buy' homebuyers assistance schemes
- Budget 2013 - 'Help to Buy' scheme for buying new build properties
- Proposed new inheritance tax treaty between France and Switzerland
- Dilapidations Danger - the Business Tenant's Nightmare!
- “De-enveloping” high value residential property to avoid the UK’s new annual charge
- UK’s new residency test makes it easier for entrepreneurs to move to Monaco
- David Anderson quoted in Sunday Times 17th March on new annual residential tax for high value properties
- Budget 2013 - issues for entrepreneurs and internationally mobile individuals
- UK pre- and post-nuptial contracts and French marriage contracts
- New Capital Gains Tax Charge of 90.5% on sale of French property by residents of countries on the French government’s blacklist.
- Using an offshore company to buy UK residential property
- Right to Manage - The First Court of Appeal Case
- Leasehold Enfranchisement – What is a house?
- Structuring Your Income When Moving to Switzerland
- David Anderson is speaking about French tax at the Law Society International Private Client Conference on 19th March 2013.
- VAT change to French property less than 5 years old
- David Anderson talks to the Sunday Times about the new French social charge on holiday homes.
- Major problems with unworkable EU succession law. This article appeared in the January 2013 edition of PS, the magazine of the Law Society’s Private Client Section.
- UK Pensions: planning on relocation to Switzerland