Service France - Legal, Property and Tax Services
Using Sykes Anderson
Our Services France, Monaco and Switzerland team is experienced in the laws and taxes of these three countries. Our expert and pragmatic thinking team, based in the City, will "get it done" for you. The advice and approach is everything you would expect from a small specialised City law firm - there is nothing suburban or provincial about the way we work. We are not "part timers" or "dabblers" in this area of law. This is what our team of lawyers do full time every day.
Unique Service at Sykes Anderson
- We are the only law firm in the City specialised in French tax and property.
- All members of our team are fully qualified solicitors (in addition to their other qualifications) - you can count on our expertise and professional training.
- As solicitors our advice is protected by legal professional privilege so remains confidential.
- We regularly travel to completion (and other) meetings outside the UK for our clients. In our experience matters often arise during completion meetings - with us there you will not be left exposed at a crucial time.
- We have ten plus years experience in a range of transactions. Our property work includes high value properties, properties located on the Côte d'Azur, in the Alps and in Paris. We advise on purchases of commercial and/or agricultural property in addition to residential.
- We regularly advise on complicated or unusual structures including offshore trusts and pension fund purchases.
David Anderson Solicitor advocate & chartered tax adviser
Fluent in French, David deals with:-
- International tax mainly involving France, Monaco and Switzerland
- French, Monegasque and Swiss property including property finance
- Project management of very high value property purchases in French speaking countries usually involving several jurisdictions and complex finance and ownership structures
- Offshore trusts investing into France
- Wealthy UK individuals leaving the UK tax net
- Tax on inward investment and relocation to the UK
David Anderson was admitted as a solicitor in 1985. He is a co-founder of Sykes Anderson. David is also a Chartered Tax Adviser (UK) and an advocate.
Graeme Perry Solicitor
Graeme specialises in the tax aspects of our work, particularly analysis of double tax treaties. He has a strong analytical approach to high value tax work and extensive experience in devising tax efficient structures for UK and French assets. His work involves the negotiation and implementation of major transactions in France and the UK including high value property purchases and company acquisitions/disposals. Graeme is a solicitor and fluent in French. He joined Sykes Anderson in 2007. His law studies were at the University of East Anglia, the College of Law, London and in Lyon.
Nicole Gallop Mildon Solicitor & Diplômée Notaire
Nicole deals with French property and private client issues in France, the UK and other jurisdictions. Her particular area of expertise is in cross border issues and the interaction between different jurisdictions. Her work involves the negotiation and drafting of contracts for property purchases of all kinds including residential, commercial, rural and specifically agricultural. She has extensive experience of structuring transactions to meet clients personal and tax needs and can advise on a variety of French corporate structures.
Having worked in a large firm of notaires in Paris as a clerc de notaire/notaire stagiaire, Nicole joined Sykes Anderson in 2008. Nicole has degrees in both English and French Laws from Kings College London and Université de Paris I - Panthéon-Sorbonne. She has studied French notarial law at postgraduate and professional level. She completed her UK legal training at the College of Law in both Guildford and London. A qualified solicitor, she is bilingual in English and French.