Whilst care is taken in its preparation, we accept no liability for any loss or damage incurred as a result of acting on or refraining to act on information or other material within this site. You should always seek professional advice on the facts of your particular case.
- Sykes Anderson LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership incorporated in England and Wales. Registered number 0C304052. Registered office 9 Devonshire Square, London EC2M 4YF. A list of members is available for inspection at that address. It is regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority under no 382076, whose rules can be accessed via the http://www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct page.
- All references to "Sykes Anderson", "the firm" and the like should be read as referring to Sykes Anderson LLP We use the word "partner" to refer to a member of Sykes Anderson LLP or a consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
- The firm is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of the Law Society. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide. We do not give investment advice and nothing in this website or in any communication or article or similar by us is to be taken as inviting you or encouraging you to invest in any particular asset or investment. You should take appropriate independent advice from suitably qualified and regulated persons.
- If you would like to comment on how the service to you could be improved, or should there be any aspect of our service with which you are not satisfied at any time, you should raise the matter with the lawyer handling your work and/or the partner responsible for that lawyer's work. If you would like to make a formal complaint, including a complaint about any bill we have delivered to you, you should do so in writing addressed to the Complaints Partner, Christopher Sykes, and ask for a copy of our complaints procedure. We will look into your complaint carefully and promptly. If for any reason we are unable to resolve any problem between us, you may be able to use the complaints and redress procedures operated by the Legal Ombudsman. This service is open to all members of the public, certain small businesses, charities, clubs, societies, associations and trusts. There are time limits on making such a complaint, generally within six months of our written response to your complaint and within one year from the act/omission complained of or one year from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint. The contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are www.legalombudsman.org.uk, tel 0121 245 3050, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is our professional regulator and handles any complaints relating to professional misconduct.
- Pursuant to our obligations under the anti-money laundering laws and our professional obligations in the countries in which we operate, if you instruct Sykes Anderson , we will use various available sources of information to establish certain matters about you, such as verifying your identity, including electronic verification.
- In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Provision Services Regulations 2009, our professional indemnity insurer is Chartis Insurance UK Limited of The Chartis Building 58 Fenchurch Street London EC3M 4AB.
About this website
- If you have a specific legal question you should address it to one of our lawyers. The materials contained on this website are of a general, informational, nature. We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the contents of the pages on this site but the information does not constitute legal or professional advice and must not be relied on as such.
- To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in these pages. Furthermore, Sykes Anderson does not endorse or accept responsibility for the material of any website referred to or accessed through this site.
- You may link to this site provided you link to our top level page and you do so in a way which indicates the link is to the Sykes Anderson home page, is fair and not misleading. You may not display the contents of any of this site in a frame surrounded by other material not originated by us.
- You may only access and download the contents of the pages on this site on a temporary basis and for the sole purpose of viewing such information. You may not permanently copy or reproduce any part of the contents of the pages on this site without our prior written permission.
- This site is protected by copyright and database right, both of which are owned by Sykes Anderson LLP and SAFS Limited.
Scams and frauds
Please be aware that criminals may pose as someone from Sykes Anderson, in order to carry out scams or frauds.
These scams will often originate by email, and usually involve offering a large sum of money to the victim (such as an inheritance, unclaimed bank funds, lottery wins, or even loans), in return for paying a more modest sum, often referred to as transaction fees or brokering costs. Key to the scam is the entering into any form of communication with the victim.
More information regarding these frauds can be found at:
- Solicitors' Regulation Authority:
- British Metropolitan Police:
- US Federal Bureau of Investigation:
If you receive an email of this nature claiming to be from Sykes Anderson, do not correspond with the sender. It is highly unlikely that it originates from Sykes Anderson. Please forward it to email@example.com and we will advise accordingly on whether it comes from Sykes Anderson.
Neither Sykes Anderson LLP nor any of its partners, employees, or consultants will be responsible for any losses incurred by any such scam.
Sykes Anderson LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority