Latest Legal Developments
This page contains short summaries of legal developments which are of practical interest. If you would like more information, please use our enquiry form and we will contact you.
Spring 2014 - Quarterly Newsletter
Our quarterly newsletter containing opinion and advice on legal developments in a range of fields including:
- Commercial Property Law
- Residential Property Law
- Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- International Tax Law
- French Tax Law
- Inheritance Tax law
- "Commercial practices" under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- New Name and Rules for LVT
- Can a landlord form its own RTM company?
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes
- Commercial Leases - Break clause
- Second homes in France - 30 years was undoubtedly too much!
- Social Charges and Furnished Rentals of Non-Residents
- 'Discriminatory' Property Tax Rules?
- Flat Tax Regime - Unpopular But Beneficial
- Will writing – no changes in the foreseeable future
- What is proportionate?
- New Employment Tribunal Rules
- Revised 75% Supertax
- Curbing excessive executives’ pay
- Annual Residential Property Tax came into effect on 1 April 2013
- An increase in Will disputes
- Transparent and Prominent
- Collective redundancy period halved!
- Thinking of going to court without a lawyer?
- Help to Buy Scheme – no such thing as a free lunch?
- Chancel Repair Liability – will there be nothing to fear after 12 October 2013?
- Service Charges - recovering costs of major works
- French social charges not deductible in the UK!
- Switzerland – no longer a safe harbour?
- Why seek tax advice from lawyers and not accountants?
- Will writing – a regulated activity?
- Restrictive covenants - lost in translation
- Commercial tenants’ attempt to enfranchise
- Service charges - consult or be doomed!
- Offers to settle – the earlier the better
- Tribunal compensation limits from 1 February 2013
- Proposed changes to TUPE
- Early conciliation – will this be cost effective?